It's the most wonderful time of the year! I've pulled together gift ideas for 5 of my favorite types of people, plus a few stocking stuffer ideas. I hope these lists will spur inspiration for your holiday shopping. Cheers!
For the Nature Lover
1. Stanley Perfect Brew Pour-Over Set with Camp Mug: Brew the best coffee every time with this pour-over set. Perfect for camping, hiking, or a morning on the front porch. Durable and classic.
2. Ice Age Trail Ornament: Handpainted in Wisconsin, these stunning ornaments celebrate a love for the Ice Age Trail. The yellow blaze is instantly recognizable and a nod to miles spent on the trail.
3. Beanie Hat with Light: Shine a light on outdoor adventures with this beanie. Warm and functional, this hat is my go-to for early-morning hikes and late-night dog walks.
4. Weekend Wanderer Tee: Designed for those who crave spontaneous journeys, this tee is the perfect companion for impromptu escapes. Escape the ordinary and embrace the spirit of adventure with our "Weekend Wanderer" tee.
5. Art Prints by Rebecca Deneau: These stunning prints are hand-painted by artist Rebecca Deneau and inspired by the natural landscapes of Michigan. A beautiful way to bring the outdoors in.
6. Hammock and Travel Stand: Pack up your hammock and hit the trail! This collapsable stand and travel hammock is lightweight and offers a comfortable place to kick your feet up after a day of exploring.
7. Nature Press: I have fond childhood memories of collecting flowers and plants and preserving them to create artwork. This Nature Press is a modern take on the classic flower press.
8. Flower Bouquet Subscription: The Grove Flower Farm, based in Deerfield, WI, offers a subscription to their spring bouquets. Treat someone special to biweekly flowers including fancy tulips, daffodils, and peonies in a large mason jar.
For the Midwest Man
1. Tackle Box Tee: Inspired by our grandpa's neatly organized tackle box, this tee is sure to become a go-to favorite. Whether you're casting a line or simply relaxing with friends, our "Tackle Box" tee adds a touch of outdoor charm to any occasion.
2. Pickleball Paddles: Pickleball's most eco-conscious paddle, made in Michigan. Shop local while encouraging a new hobby!
3. Petoskey Stone Coasters: These beautiful coasters are made from Petoskey Stones, gathered on the shores of Lake Michigan.
4. Old Fashioned Glasses: Whether you prefer cherries or olives, our hand-illustrated gifts are always a winning gift.
5. Great Northern Brandy: Small batch and locally made, Great Northern's Brandy makes a great gift for an old fashioned lover. It is released each November and is only available while supplies last. Head to their distillery in downtown Steven's Point to snag a bottle.
6. Bass Hill Beef Gift Box: The absolute best beef I have ever had, raised on a family farm in southwestern Wisconsin. Their gift box is a great gift to fill a freezer with 10 lbs of premium ground beef and an assortment of steaks and/or roasts.
7. Scout Cribbage Board: These painted cribbage boards offer an eye-catching way to play a round of a long-loved game. Perfect for the home or cabin, these boards are made by hand in Minnesota.
For the One Who is Always Cold
1. Wisconsin 1848 Sherpa: Our sherpas are cozy and soft on the inside and out, and feature a custom leather patch at the bottom hem.
2. Sweater Weather Candle: Wrap up in this warm and cozy fragrance of citrus, plum, black cherry, amber, sugar, light musk, freesia, and vanilla.
3. Snowbird Winter Blend Coffee: A sweet and bright blend of praline, mixed berry and toffee. Roasted in small batches in Madison, WI.
4. Winter A-Frame Glass Mug: Our newest mug is illustrated with a touch of winter magic. Perfect for sipping your favorite coffee or hot cocoa.
5. A Death in Door County by Annelise Ryan: A Wisconsin bookstore owner and cryptozoologist is asked to investigate a series of deaths that just might be proof of a fabled lake monster in this first installment of a new mystery series by USA Today bestselling author Annelise Ryan.
6. Saturday Night at the Lakeside Supper Club by J. Ryan Stradal: From the New York Times bestselling author J. Ryan Stradal, a story of a couple from two very different restaurant families in rustic Minnesota, and the legacy of love and tragedy, of hardship and hope, that unites and divides them.
7. Faux Fur Throw: Easily the coziest throw I own. Perfect to snuggle up by the fireplace!
8. Merry Midwestmas Sweatshirt: There's nothing ugly about our newest holiday sweatshirt. Warm, cozy and oh-so-Midwestern.
For the Littles
1. Let’s Go North: Let’s Go North is a sweet and gentle rhyming poem written by Daniel Hoye and brought to life through the handmade oil paintings of Rebecca Deneau. The book features the beautiful late-summer setting of the northern Midwest.
2. 123 Ice Fishing: In this adorable lift-the-flap counting book, a little bear and mama bear head out to a frozen lake for a day of ice fishing.
3. License Plate Onesie: This best-selling design is inspired by the Wisconsin license plate, with a distressed vintage touch.
4. Toy Campfire Kit: Ready for a living room campout! This felt set is so sweet and handmade in Michigan.
5. Happy Place Hoodie: Whether your child is a nature enthusiast, a weekend adventurer, or someone who finds solace in the beauty of the outdoors, this hoodie is a perfect companion.
6. Car Bingo: A classic road trip activity from my childhood. This screen-free activity is a little retro and a lot of fun!
7. Reusable Water Balloons: Our daughter used these all summer long. So fun and much more earth-friendly than traditional water balloons.
8. Hooded Towel: Share your love of the water with your little one with this sweet cape towel. And, as an extra bonus, it has ears!
For the Foodie
1. Midwest Made: Big, Bold Baking from the Heartland by Shauna Sever: When it comes to defining what we know as all-American baking, everything from Bundt cakes to brownies has roots that can be traced to the great Midwest. German, Scandinavian, Polish, French and Italian immigrant families baked their way to the American Midwest, instilling in it pies, breads, cookies, and pastries that manage to feel distinctly home-grown.
2. Molly on the Range: Recipes and Stories by Molly Yeh: Star of Food Network's Girl Meets Farm, and winner of the Judges' Choice IACP Cookbook Award, Molly Yeh explores home and family and celebrates her Jewish and Chinese heritage and her current Midwestern farm life in this cookbook featuring more than 120 recipes.
3. Local Harvest Candle: Celebrate Wisconsin's harvest season with notes of orange peel & apple with cranberry, cinnamon, sugar, clove & wood cream.
4. Probably Cheese Tote Bag: The perfect gift for cheese enthusiasts. This tote is ready to hit the farmer's market!
5. Geometry Tea Towels: Made from recycled plastic bottles, these tea towels are quick drying and so pretty. I'm loving the festive holiday designs.
6. Charcuterie Board: This charcuterie board is ready to fill your table with good meats and cheeses, and even better conversation. Handmade in Wisconsin.
7. Grilling Spice Set: The most used spices at our house. This set was created by a Wisconsin-based veteran.
For Stuffing the Stockings
1. Fortune Favors Candied Pecans: This nut mix makes a great hostess gift and is available in 3 flavors. The Everything is our favorite! Locally made in Madison, WI.
2. Luminous Rose Bath Bombs: These vegan bath bombs are beautiful and smell amazing. Be sure to check out all of their products, I have yet to find one I don't love! Handmade in Wisconsin.
3. Chocolates: Driftless Chocolates is based in Mount Horeb, WI, and their Sea Salt Caramels are my go-to for teachers, neighbors, and co-workers.
4. Fox River Socks: You'll love these sock monkey-inspired socks for every occasion. Locally made in Osage, Iowa.
5. Euchre Deck: This pack of playing cards includes two decks of playing cards used for the game of Euchre and specially designed scoring cards.
6. Up North Kooizes: Daydream about boating season with this colorful set of koozies.
7. Hello Sunshine Candle: Happiness in candle form. This candle is perfect to brighten the day for teachers and friends!
Happy shopping, and happy holidays from the Up North family to yours!
*Please note that this post includes affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.*